Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

State of the Kate, October 2019

Wow, what an awesome week! Such a whirlwind, and so exciting! Basically, I feel totally rejuvenated and re-energized in many of my most ambitious projects. What happier result there could be, I don't know, except *gasp* discovering that lots of people like me, admire my work, and best of all, share my same nichey, quirky interests.

So here's an update on the goals I set for Q3 (even though that ended like...almost a month ago). If I crossed it out, I finished it. If I italicized it, I've since revised it.

1. Grad School Preparations.
2. ENGL 510
3. Maintain a Strict Morning and Evening Routine for My Mental Health
4. Talk with someone on the phone who is not Danny every single day
5. Writing
6. Grundbücherbuch
7. CGSI marketing goals
8. CGSI Lincoln Conference preparations
9. Asynchronous Book Club
10. Čeština A3.5
11. Kate Expectations
12. My Calling
13. Cousin Book
14. Home Church
15. A Year of Questions in the Book of Mormon
16. Czech Out Your Ancestors
17. That should be a movie!
18. Cookbook Project
19. Classics
20. Financial Aid
21. Wean Joey

Here is a non-exhaustive list of my personal goals for now until the end of the year, in order(ish) of priority:

1. Running : success looks like me running a race every month, and basically every day except Sundays. If I am in pain, I will have to cross train.

2. Meditation : I was recommended this app, which I use and really love. It's super calming.

3. Getting enough sleep : egh. Lifetime struggle.

4. Dieting : ...and this one is not much fun either. Success looks like continuous effort at this unfun task.

5. Slaying my emails every single day! This is revised from talking on the phone; that comes easily. Responding to emails does not. But it's very important to do.

6. Using google calendar : success looks like me adding my goals and events in the calendar and consulting with it frequently. Life is better when I know what the heck is going on.

7. A Year of Questions in the Book of Mormon : success looks like me finishing answering all my questions from last year and assembling it all into a print on demand book before the end of the year.

8. My Calling : success looks like implementing the 2020 calendar, making sure every unit in the stake has been trained on the leadership plan, creating the reminders and bulletin information for the ward's meetups and attending them. It also looks like continuous, steady effort to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing and just do it.

9. Czech Out Your Ancestors : success looks like writing some back posts so that I can have blogged continuously for the past year. It also looks like creating and implementing a content calendar for my facebook page. And there are some other top secret plans in the works, but I don't want to... squelch them... by allowing them to see the light of day too soon.

10. CGSI marketing 2020 goals : totally rejuvenated where this is concerned. Success looks like scheduling our facebook meetings, adding 15-20 things to the agenda to discuss, and not missing the Nov and Dec meetings.

11. Home Church : success looks like both me and my kids reading the entire New Testament before the end of the year. We are somewhere in 1 Thessalonians.

12. Grundbücherbuch : success looks like continuous effort plugging along at the final edits. Maybe we get through chapter 15 by the end of the year. We are in 12 right now. There are 19.

13. Čeština A3.5 : success looks like working my way through the entire book before the new year. Yeesh.

14. Narození a smrt v české lidové kultuře : success looks like continuous DAILY effort on this project. It has become very important because it would be just so fantastic if... well, another dream to avoid squelching.

15. CGSI article writing for Naše rodina : success looks like finishing (and starting. Haha) my DNA article and having a running list of articles to write. It looks like being published in every issue from now... forward.

16. CGSI 2021 Milwaukee Conference Proposals : success looks like submitting 10-15 proposals to this con.

17. Kate Expectations : success looks like finishing my poems and publishing a print on demand book for my nerdiest of nerd friends to enjoy for Christmas. Basically, this project has a deadline of the end of November. So Thanksgiving.

18. Asynchronous Book Club : success looks like me cataloguing and writing SOMETHING about all the books I read this year.

19. Cousin Book : success looks like me reaching out for contact information from all 50 cousins who I will see at the funeral next week. It also looks like getting some concrete information about this stuff from my mother in law about the other side of the family.

20. That should be a movie! : success looks like preparing and uploading the stuff we already prepared for a Jan 2020 release. It also means recording 2 or 3 new episodes.

21. Cookbook Project : success looks like writing a simple outline.

22. Classics : success looks like reading 3 classic literature books out loud with my kids before the end of the year. Audio books allowed!

23. NaNoWriMo with my kids (they are doing the 10k version. I may, as well. haha) : success looks like Jane, Dan, John, and Lukas all writing ~350 words/day for the month of November. It also looks like me keeping up with them. We will just all publish these things as print on demand books.

24. ENGL 510 : success looks like working my way through the book and answering all the questions briefly.

25. Python : success looks like completing the MOOC I am in, finishing the book I'm reading, and...cough cough... blogging about the learning curve in a tbd blog.

27. Corpus Linguistics MOOC : success looks like relistening to all the lectures, participating in the forums, and at least skimming all the articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment