Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

10 random thoughts of the day

Some randomish thoughts:

1. I am not as mature as I would like to be. I think that mature people are better at being patient, better at waiting. Better at not needing to do everything RIGHT NOW, better at not needing/craving/reaching for instant answers, communication, friendships, etc. Also, mature people are better listeners, probably related to being able to wait and be patient. I want to be better at these things.

2. I am not managing my time very well and I wonder if it is even possible to try to manage all the various goals and projects I have.

3. The book project I am working on is like an unending game of whack-a-mole. It is also, frankly, addictive. It might drive me completely crazy, too. It will be a miracle if we ever finish it.

4. On Saturday I have to go to the funeral of my friend's wife who was killed in a car accident when she was driving drunk. Their marriage was by common law, not an official marriage, and the state of Iowa does not recognize him as direct kin, also his wife's sister and parents don't like him or want him involved at all with the funeral. So his 18 year old stepdaughter is planning his wife's funeral. That sucks. Meanwhile, my friend was in Missouri when he found out, and his sister was watching his kids. She had to tell them that their mom had been killed. My friend's sister is also my dear friend. Her husband is in jail and she has to go through this alone. It is horrible. The one son is only three. He didn't really understand what was going on. It was completely heartbreaking to try to explain it.

By comparison, the lice issue in our house is not that big of a deal at all.

5. I really like my bishop. He is a patient, smart guy.

6. I have this funny love/hate relationship with Lord of the Rings - but regardless of my mood, I really want to buy a fun t-shirt. I am sure there are a ton of them, most likely on Etsy or something.

7. A bird pooped on my baby's head today, which was really irritating.

8. I met a woman at the park from Poland today. At first, I heard her say something to her kids which sounded very, very similar to Czech, but was not Czech. Something like "Poběž!" and "můžeš skusit" or something like that. I was friendly and started talking to her. I asked if she was speaking Russian. So close! She went to school in Wroclaw, and I have been there. I wish I had gotten her phone number but I was a bit distracted with five kids and stuff. She was embarrassed about having a horribly painful looking cold sore on her lip but I didn't even care at all, obviously.

9. I hate it when Danny and I play tag with childcare/homework/etc. I am so glad we went out to lunch today so I could at least like, have a conversation with him. I love him with all my heart. He really gets me.

10. I think I care more about being grammatically correct than politically correct, which is...silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment