Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2019

But why their feet? Mosiah 15:15

But why their feet? Mosiah 15:15

Abinadi is preaching to the wicked priests. He remarks, "These are they who have published peace...and O how beautiful upon the mountains were their feet!"

Actually, this is a super common Old Testament saying, found laced all throughout Isaiah.

Feet aren't really that beautiful, per se. I mean, they are hardly a popular sexy body part. They can get pretty nasty, especially if you are a hard worker or wear shoes all day. So why are they beautiful?

I think feet are a symbol for going and doing.

There's actually a whole lesson about this exact topic here.

TLDR: Feet are a symbol of missionary work.

Answer:
People who accept the gospel of Jesus Christ and become converted really appreciate the love shown to them by the messengers who brought them the gospel.

I talk about my faith all the time. To my knowledge, I have never been the one to bring somebody into the fold of faith. It just hasn't happened that way for me. I am not holding my breath that it ever will. The main point that I wish my non-believer friends would take away from any attempts I have at sharing the gospel with them is that I am not saying I am better than them because of who I am or what I believe that is different (and you know what? There's way more that's the same, even with atheists). The act of me sharing my testimony is an act of love. It's me saying, "This is something that brings me great joy, and because I love you I want to share this joy with you, too. Won't you try it?" It's about imagining that somebody that I love could be happier than they already are. I guess it could quite easily be misconstrued into something else, but that is the way I perceive missionary work.

No comments:

Post a Comment