Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Need to read something highly uplifting and inspiring? Alma 5

Need to read something highly uplifting and inspiring? Alma 5
ANSWER:
Who doesn't need something highly uplifting and inspiring?

I have been reading from the Book of Mormon every day of my life for the past decade or so. Perhaps I have missed a few days here and there, but in general, I try really hard to at least read a verse or two. In the past two years, I have discovered that I really feel that's not enough. It just feels pathetic to read a verse right before falling asleep. So instead, I've made a much more concerted effort to study this book. I've reaped some good rewards in so doing.

Still, right now, I am not really actively reading the Book of Mormon per se. I am answering these questions that I asked myself last year, but I am not really reading it for the story. Sometimes I find myself not in the mood to answer these questions. Instead, I need a place to turn in the Book of Mormon for something else. I am going to put a bookmark on the page of Alma 5 because it is really uplifting and inspiring to me.

I think that sometimes people get intimidated by some of the soul-searching, soul-probing questions in this chapter.


I think it is guilt inducing for some people. I suppose it would also be for me, too, if it weren't for verse 33 and onward, which are firmly rooted in Jesus Christ's plan for the world. He invites us freely and openly to come to him, so that we can experience true happiness.

I believe with all of my heart that this message is true. It is really happy to me even just to read about it. It fills me with a strong conviction to continue to try my best to follow God's commandments and be a disciple of Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment