Pages

Friday, November 8, 2019

Should I be this way? Why does Mormon love to point out "being caught with guile"? Alma 18:23

Should I be this way? Why does Mormon love to point out "being caught with guile"? Alma 18:23

Answer:
Again, I think Mormon was trying to be halfway apologetic for Ammon's method of rhetoric, likely because some piece of it didn't sit well with him personally.

It doesn't really matter if I "should" or "should not" be this way. The fact is, I am pretty good at subtle manipulation. I guess the main way I do it is quite similar to Ammon, too: a combination of the overt and the subtle. I mean, it's not like Ammon didn't give Lamoni a chance.

"How do you know what I'm thinking? If you tell me, I'll give you anything that you ask. I would even give you my armies, but I know that you're more powerful than they are, so what good would that even do. But still, you just tell me what you want and it's yours. I have to know."

"Will you listen to me?"

"Yes! I'll listen and believe everything you tell me."

Well. There you go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment